Shop Matte Lipstick
Matte lipstick has had an explosion in popularity in the last few years - you can barely go 5 minutes on any social media platform without seeing at least a few matte lip looks. Whether you’re a beginner looking for a mistake-proof matte lip crayon or advanced enough to tackle a liquid lipstick, we’ve got something for you, with shades to suit every skin tone.
What are some of the best matte lipsticks?
- For the best red matte lipstick, you can truly go no further than MAC Ruby Woo. In MAC’s ultra-long-wearing Retro Matte lipstick formula, this crimson red is one of the most iconic lip colours of all time.
And even better, it’s also available in a matte liquid lipstick formula for those who prefer it.
- If a nude matte lip is more your speed, check out Maybelline Superstay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick. Some of our favourite shades that suit any skin tone include Lover, Loyalist and Dreamer.
- If a liquid formula isn’t quite right for you, L’Oreal Paris Colour Riche Matte Lipstick also offers a range of flattering nudes.
- Looking for the best burgundy matte lipstick? L’Oreal Paris Rouge Signature Ink in 103 I Enjoy is a dramatic burgundy shade that perfectly complements any look. With a texture two times thinner than a regular lipstick, you can get the bold finish of a matte liquid lipstick with comfortable, all-day wear.
- Some days you just want to make a statement - Nude By Nature Creamy Matte Lipstick in 07 Red Blossom is a bold magenta that will cheer up any day. This cruelty-free matte lipstick is made with all-natural ingredients, and comes with a hefty dose of nourishing butters that won’t leave lips dried out.
- If you’re looking for something just a little more understated, try Barry M Matte Me Up Lip Kit in Runaway. This pretty dusty pink matte lipstick comes with a matching liner, so you can sculpt and define your pout.
How do I apply matte lipstick?
Whether you’re going for an understated nude or a bold red, wearing matte lipstick well is all in the preparation.
To ensure your lips are as smooth and as hydrated as possible, start with a gentle lip scrub to exfoliate and remove any dry skin, before applying a hydrating lip balm. Once the balm has absorbed into your lips you’re ready to apply. Start by lining your lips with a pencil - you can use either a shade that matches your natural lip colour, or one that matches your lipstick.
Apply your chosen lip product - if you’re using a solid lipstick you can apply directly from the bullet, or with a lip brush for extra precision.
To apply a matte liquid lipstick, begin by filling in the centre of your top and bottom lips. Next, outline your lips and finish by pressing your lips together to blend. To emphasise your pout and clean up any messy edges, apply a small amount of concealer around the outside of your lips with a precision brush.
And finally, if you love the staying power of a matte lip but prefer something with a little more shine, apply a clear lip gloss over the top of your lipstick.
Shop our range of matte lipsticks online at Adore Beauty Australia, with free shipping, reviews and Afterpay available.